A. Randolph Hough, Criminal Defense Lawyer & Former Prosecutor
An accomplished defense attorney who gets things done
Former prosecutor A. Randolph "Randy" Hough has a strong background in criminal law. Before entering private practice, he served as a prosecutor for the Fifth Judicial Circuit of South Carolina, handling numerous crimes ranging from drug trafficking to white-collar crimes to murder.
He also handled complex federal drug charges as a Special Assistant United States Attorney. Few other local defense lawyers can claim this extensive background in prosecuting crimes at both the state and federal level. A. Randolph Hough has defended cases in South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina, and is a member of the South Carolina Bar, United States District Court for the District of South Carolina, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Effective, aggressive representation in Columbia and Charleston
A strong trial lawyer, A. Randolph Hough excels at building rapport with juries. He also has good working relationships with prosecutors, law enforcement, and others in the local legal community. His respected reputation is just one of many strengths he brings to his clients' cases.
A. Randolph Hough also has extensive training and experience in DUI defense. Over the course of his career, he has handled thousands of cases — including both drug- and alcohol-related charges. Mr. Hough is a member of the prestigious National College for DUI Defense. He is also certified to administer the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's battery of standardized field sobriety tests (SFSTs).
At The Law Offices of A. Randolph Hough, P.A. in Columbia and Charleston, we approach every case with a commitment to winning. We consistently go the extra mile in DUI cases, white-collar crimes, sex offenses, domestic violence, and other crimes. Our criminal defense lawyer also helps people pursue pardons and expungements.
A. Randolph Hough considers not only the immediate ramifications of a conviction, but also the collateral and long-term consequences of criminal allegations. Our only goal is to secure the best outcome possible for your unique situation.
- South Carolina, 1992
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- J.D.; University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina
- B.S., with High Honors; The Citadel, Charleston, South Carolina
Honors and awards
- 2017 Legal Elite, featured in August 2017 Columbia Business Magazine
Professional associations and memberships
- South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Richland County Bar Association, Criminal Section, Member
- National College for DUI Defense, Member
Past employment positions
- Accountant, Arthur Andersen, International Accounting and Consulting Firm
- Fifth Judicial Circuit, Assistant Solicitor
- Special Assistant United States Attorney, District of South Carolina
Fighting to ensure your arrest doesn’t become a conviction
Criminal charges threaten much more than your immediate freedom. They jeopardize your civil liberties, reputation, job prospects, and future. You can request a free initial consultation to discuss your case directly with A. Randolph Hough. Call 803-771-4119 or complete our contact form to get started. We offer criminal defense services for clients across South Carolina.